The 2012 G-20 Mexico Summit will be the seventh meeting of the G-20 heads of government and will be held in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, June 18-19 2012.The final draft of G20 Toronto summit communique became the public announcement that the 2012 summit would be hosted by Mexico. I have some important information from Ali Ordonez from Lifestyle Villas Los Cabos about the security and closures we can expect.
Ali attended a security informational meeting yesterday at Fiesta Americana, held by the Official Organizers of G-20: Lic. Julio Camarena & Chief of Staff General Miranda.
The following are the most important notes from the meeting:
- The toll road will be closed from the 14th – 19th of June. This will be open only to those transporting delegations. Anyone who needs to go to the airport will have to use the old route through San Jose Del Cabo
- The Convention center WILL be open for the G 20 summit
- All beaches including access to beaches from the Holiday Inn (Known before as the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel, next to the estuary) all the way to Punta Ballena will be restricted from the 12th – 20th of June
- Highest concentration of Security will be in Cabo del Sol & Punta Ballena
- Anyone who hasn’t submitted the names of staff by the 5th of June, of those who work inside of the developments where HOST RESORTS are located or whom have any business dealings with HOST RESORTS where dignitaries are staying will NOT be able to access from the 12th until the 20th of June, as background checks will have to be finalized before approving access
- You must carry official identification with you at all times when in Cabo from the 12th on
- From the 15th until the 20th of June during the evening, there will be various events: concerts, movie screenings, ballet & exhibits at the cultural pavilion located in down town Cabo. All functions are open to the public & free
- The Cabo San Lucas bay & port will remain open as usual until further notice, possibly expect it to close on the 18th & 19th, but it is not official